Sorry! This campaign is no longer accepting registrations.
Various Things Live is a leading interactive design, development, and technology consulting firm that assists organizations with user centered design (UCD) and website development solutions. What sets VTL apart from other agencies is that we provide an optimal blend of strategy, user experience, and creative expertise. We have fun, exciting, and motivated team and are looking for the right people to help us deliver a world-class experience. VTL is conveniently located in Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, around the corner from DePaul University.
VTL offers a variety of employee perks at their Lincoln Park location. Office features a world class recording studio on the first floor. Other perks include free coffee (Keurig), casual dress, and flexible vacation. The office has street parking and is CTA accessible.
About this Role
VTL is seeking contract-to-hire developer. Initial Contract of 60 days with potential to renew. Requires 40 hours/week M-F. Developer must be located in Chicagoland.
- Prefer experience programming for Drupal
- Experience with Git and Git workflows strongly desired
- Experience with SQL/noSQL preferred
- Experience using Symfony, Slim, Restler or other REST foundation libraries is a plus
- Nice to have experience with Knockout.js, Bootstrap, SASS, Compass/Grunt, Composer
- Knowledge of JIRA, Bitbucket, and AWS is a plus, but not required
- Prefer candidates with BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Design, similar degree or 3-5 years development experience
- Must be available to start immediately
- Must be legally able to work in the US